The moment she saw Buneary in the episode Setting The World On Its Buneary she was determined to catch her due her cuteness, but failed due her lack of knowledge. At the end Buneary expressed its crush towards Ash's Pikachu with her strange behavior towards him. Dawn managed the catch the Pokémon and Buneary was more than willing to go knowing she would travel with Pikachu by her side.
Ever since then, Dawn's Buneary was used a lot in the Pokémon Contests as well as in battle. As time went on, Buneary appeared to lose her romantic feelings for Pikachu. Despite her small size, Buneary was surprisingly powerful and was often used in battle as well as in contests.
|Ice Beam||Setting the World on its Buneary|
|Bounce||Setting the World on its Buneary|
|Dizzy Punch||Setting the World on its Buneary|
|+ indicates this Pokémon used this move recently.*
- indicates this Pokémon normally can't use this move.
Buneary with Dawn and PiplupBuneary performing a double appeal with PiplupBuneary using Ice BeamBuneary preparing Ice BeamDizzy PunchBuneary's crush on Pikachu Add a photo to this gallery==TriviaEdit==
- Buneary had a big crush on Ash's Pikachu but seemed to lose interest over time. However, in East Unova, when Pikachu and Buneary were reunited, Buneary was interested in Pikachu.
- Buneary and Ambipom are the only Pokémon of Dawn's who haven't disobeyed her. Coincidentally, they are both Normal types.
- When Buneary gets near Pikachu, she swishes her fluff on her legs as if it is a skirt.
- Ash's Oshawott seems to have a crush on Buneary.
- In Hold the Phione! Phione has a crush on Buneary and see Pikachu as a rival, but Pikachu won't battle against Phione for Buneary's heart, so Buneary takes challenge against Phione at If Phione wins, she'll go on a date with it down by the ocean side. Buneary seems to worried for Pikachu at Phione is mad on Pikachu.
- In Memories are Made of Bliss! and Goodbye, Junior Cup – Hello Adventure! is never last between Buneary and Pikachu